Welcome to the first edition of the monthly MidaSearch Newsletter. Any comments are welcome via email to: MidaSearch@solution4u.com
- Recently added OSINT websites
- Keywords for MidaSearch Engine
- Website of the month
- Recent UK insurance related alerts
- OSINT resources, tips and tricks
Recently added to OSINT WEBSITES
AIRBNB – Whether a flat for a night, a castle for a week, or a villa for a month, Airbnb connects people to unique travel experiences, at any price point, in more than 65,000 cities and 191 countries. Category: Property
EMPLOYMENT TRIBUNAL DECISIONS – find decisions on Employment Tribunal cases in England, Wales and Scotland. Category: Business
FLIGHT RADER 24 – a global flight tracking service that provides you with real-time information about thousands of aircraft around the world. Category: Transport & Travel
FORENSICALLY – a set of free tools for digital image forensics. It includes clone detection, error level analysis, meta data extraction and more. Category: Image Tools
KARMA DECAY – reverse image search for Reddit.com. Category: Image Tools
LONDON TRANSPORT ROUTES – WikiRoutes is free-edited directory of public transportation all over the world, which is used by 15 million people. Thousands of editors update database of routes in 800 cities on daily basis. Category: Transport & Travel
MAPILLARY – collects street level images by using simple tools like smartphones or action cameras from a community of people who want to make the world accessible to everyone. Category: Maps
NICEIC – a UK voluntary regulatory body for the electrical contracting industry. It has been assessing the electrical competence of electricians for nearly sixty years and currently maintains a roll of over 26,000 registered contractors. Categories: Business and Professionals
PICODASH – A powerful search engine to explore Instagram photos, videos, users and locations. Category: Social Networks
SUN POSITION AT ANY TIME / PLACE – SunCalc is a little app that shows sun movement and sunlight phases during the given day at the given location. Category: Weather
SPORTS CLUBS (UK) – an UK sports Club Team listing search directory. Category: Sport
WIKIMAPIA is a multilingual open-content collaborative map, where anyone can create place tags and share their knowledge. Category: Maps
Key Words for MIDASEARCH
- A number of key words can be used within the MidaSearch engine for quick access to some of the most used websites for OSINT purposes.
- In the search bar within the MidaSearch engine enter one of the key words from the list below and the relevant links will be displayed in a green box.
MidaSearch OSINT tool of the month
About Fix My Street
Launched in 2007, the site covers the whole country. Crucially, the only thing you need to know, in order to make a report anywhere in the UK, is that URL: fixmystreet.com. Or, alternatively, download the app so that you can summon it at a tap of the screen.
Type in a postcode or address, or let FixMyStreet geo-locate you automatically, and then place a pin on a map to show exactly where the issue is. Add a short description, choose a category and, optionally, upload a photo — and then the really clever stuff begins.
FixMyStreet matches the exact location of the issue, and its category, with the council responsible for getting it fixed. It sends a report by email to that council, and also publishes it online for all to see.
- Fix My Street can be a very useful tool for all types OSINT investigations including gathering information regarding potholes, broken street lights, dangerous structures and much more.
- Fix My Street is one of the 2,500+ websites automatically searched within the MidaSearch engine.
- Fix My Street can also be found in the Property section of the MidaSearch OSINT page.
- The MidaSearch Alerts page is updated every Monday and features alerts issued from a number of UK Insurance Industry bodies.
- You can keep updated with all things OSINT via twitter by following @MidaSearch
- The MidaSearch Reference Library has links to a number of OSINT guides, tips and tricks.